On Friday 11/11/11 it’s Veterans Day, Thanksgiving is coming up, and believe it or not, Santa and all the trimmings are almost here. Here are some things to do in Portland, Oregon midst the beautiful fall foliage.
- Hollywood District Veterans Day Parade. The 37th annual parade travels between Northeast 40th and 48th avenues along Sandy Boulevard. Concludes with a ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Flag Pole, Northeast 48th Avenue and Sandy Boulevard; covered seating will be available for seniors and those with disabilities.?Starts at 9:45 am.
- Veterans Day Ceremony at University of Portland (5000 N. Willamette Blvd.).?Brig. Gen. David Enyeart is the featured speaker at the annual ceremony at the Praying Hands Memorial to recognize campus members who have served during times of war. A 21-gun salute and Air Force jet flyover also will take place. Starts at 11 am
- Free admission at the Zoo.?The Oregon Zoo will mark Veterans Day by offering free admission for military veterans and active military personnel, as well as family members who accompany them. Families of deployed military personnel also will be given free admission.
- Thanksgiving Reunion Farmers Market in Lake Oswego. Millenium Plaza Park.?Listen to live music, take hayrides and welcome back vendors from the summer season farmers market who will sell?farm fresh produce, salami, cheeses, salsa, hummus and other items designed for holiday meals and gifts. 11/19/11, 11 am to 2 pm.
- Turkey Trot at the Zoo is a?Thanksgiving Day morning event geared to the entire family
– walkers, runners, and kids. More info at?http://www.orrc.net/races/turkey_trot/turkey_tba.htm
- Visit Santa at Lloyd Center.?Visit Santa Nov. 11-Dec. 24 (closed Thanksgiving). 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Mon-Sat, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sun, plus special hours Christmas Eve (see website). Santa takes a break 1-2 p.m. and 5:15-6 p.m. Mon-Sat and 2-3 p.m. Sun. On the first level in front of Nordstrom.
- Visit Santa at Clackamas Town Center.?Visit Santa Nov. 12-Dec. 24. Noon-6 p.m. Sun, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Mon-Sat, through Nov. 23 (closed Thanksgiving); 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Fri, Nov. 25; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mon-Sat, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sun, Nov. 26-Dec. 23; and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Christmas Eve, Dec. 24. Santa takes breaks 1-2 p.m. and 5-5:30 p.m. Mon-Sat (12:30-1:30 p.m. Dec. 24) and 2-3 p.m. Sun.
- Santa at Pioneer Place, Portland.?Visit Santa Nov. 19-Dec. 24 (closed Thanksgiving). 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Mon-Sat, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sun, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24. Santa takes a break 1-2 p.m. and 5:15-6 p.m. Mon-Sat and 2-3 p.m. Sun. Dogs and cats are invited to visit Santa 6-8 p.m. Mon, Nov. 28-Dec. 12.
- Santa?s Arrival Parade |?9:00am – 10:00am
Join Pioneer Place and Pioneer Courthouse Square in welcoming Santa to Portland! He?ll be arriving to Pioneer Courthouse Square on Saturday November 19th at 9am.? Join us in a family-friendly procession down SW Morrison to Pioneer Place.? Get ready for a morning of songs, snow and surprises!
- Tree Lighting Ceremony| 5:30pm
Be Merry at the Square! On the day after Thanksgiving, Portlanders will gather at the Square to celebrate the official start of the season by lighting the spectacular 75ft Tree provided by Stimson Lumber Company.? This year’s event will feature a holiday sing-a-long featuring Pink Martini, members of the Oregon Symphony, and the Pacific Youth Choir.? With a big tree, lots of lights and a great community sing-a-long this is an event you won’t want to miss!
- 47th Annual Tree Lighting in Lake Oswego. Millennium Plaza Park,?Friday, November 25,?5pm. An?evening of holiday lights, caroling, music, and refreshments. Gather at the corner of 5th Street & A Avenue to see the lighting of the Bigelow Plaza Holiday Tree, then parade to Millennium Park for the lighting of the Millennium Tree. A visit from some special friends makes this a delightful family event!
By Linda Gemal ?- ?503-803-8000 ?- ?Linda@RejuvenateYourHome.com